What data does www.competeandplay.com collect from you?
We may collect the following data about you:
Data you give us directly:
• if you register with us (such as your date of birth, username, avatar, password and email address)
• information you provide by completing any in-game purchases, such as buying in-game currency and other items;
• information you provide by participating in any www.competeandplay.com chat forums or social media functions; and
• information you provide us if you report a problem.
Data we may collect when you use our services (whether or not you register with us):
• data about your location, device type, operating system and platform;
• data about your computer's browser version, operating system version, page loading time, network, generated device identifier information, hashed MAC address, referral source and IP address.
• data generated through playing games such as your high score and rankings;
• game play history;
• the number of times you visit our website and the amount of time you spend using the website; and
If you are not registered with us, the above information will be stored by us against a unique player identifier.
What does www.competeandplay.com do with this data?
We may use your data in the following ways:
• to customize the services which are available to you,
• to ensure that you are in compliance with our terms;
• to improve the services, for analysis and reporting purposes and to offer you technical support or respond to your questions. This also includes using data to log any crashes in our provision of the services, so we may report such interruptions (in this regard, we may use a third party to assist us);
• to notify you if you have won a competition;
• to personalize your experience;
www.competeandplay.com may use information about your use of the services, such as your high scores, game rankings and avatars, in order to provide marketing for services that we believe may be of interest to you;
You can opt-out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in any email, contact us or, in relation to push notifications, by choosing not to accept them or by turning them off by visiting the settings on your device and selecting the appropriate setting.
What does www.competeandplay.com do to protect data?
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the data we hold.
We use industry-standard practices such as encryption, physically secured rooms, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of any personal information that we might collect from you. We also strive to limit access to your data to employees performing a legitimate business function. We review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods.
Whilst we will do our best to protect your data, the transmission of information by you to us is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use the procedures and security features outlined in this section to try to prevent any unauthorized access.
How long does www.competeandplay.com keep hold of data?
We will keep data only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected and otherwise where required by law. If you decide to delete an account you have with us, certain data does stay on our system for administrative purposes and to defend or bring any legal action
What data is shared with or accessed by third parties?
www.competeandplay.com may share your data with various third parties (including our affiliate companies in other countries) as follows:
We use a range of third parties to help us manage your information and the services, such as our cloud service provider, Customer Service provider, developers, marketing companies and IT maintenance provider. These are companies who process data on our behalf and cannot use it for their own independent purposes.
We share your data with our third party payment providers where you have specifically agreed to conduct any in game purchases. These third-party payment providers may also ask us to share your data with them to confirm the nature of any payment transaction and to verify your identity and payment details.
We or our third-party partners may disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted to do so by law or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party. We may also share your data with third parties to prevent fraud, abusive or unlawful behavior or to demonstrate our compliance with other terms or laws.
www.competeandplay.com may disclose your information to third parties in connection with a purchase, transfer or sale of www.competeandplay.com.